BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Bay this year. I'm slipping at Rusty Joes and was going to get a Delaware fishing license. I thought I read somewhere that me having a Delaware license will cover any guests on my boat. Is that true? I'll be fishing mostly NJ waters but wanted the option to fish Del since its so close. I guess I'll make sure that any guests are registered with the salt water registry.

Thanks for your input,
Tom

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If they register with the salt water registry will that take place of a Fin# from Delaware. Should I tell my guests to register with the salt water registry that is talked about on this forum all the time or just tell them to get a Del. Fin# or both?

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
You will need to get the non-resident boaters license and a fishing license for yourself and FIN # for anyone on the boat, you can do this online in about 30 seconds. Needs to be DE Fin, see link

http://www.delaware-fin.com/

http://www.fw.delaware.gov/Fisheries/Pages/NewFishingLicense.aspx

New to the Bay this year. I'm slipping at Rusty Joes and was going to get a Delaware fishing license. I thought I read somewhere that me having a Delaware license will cover any guests on my boat. Is that true? I'll be fishing mostly NJ waters but wanted the option to fish Del since its so close. I guess I'll make sure that any guests are registered with the salt water registry.

Thanks for your input,
Tom

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what I need. A Del license and a Fin#. I'm looking now for what to tell the people who will be passengers on my boat. If the people on my boat have a Del Fin# will they also need to do the salt water registry or does the Del Fin# satisfy the regs to fish in NJ waters.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Can't help you there but they probably will need both, contact DENRC on the website and ask. What ever the answer make sure you have paperwork to support as I have seen different states don't know the rules of each other, sorry can't help no further

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I know what I need. A Del license and a Fin#. I'm looking now for what to tell the people who will be passengers on my boat. If the people on my boat have a Del Fin# will they also need to do the salt water registry or does the Del Fin# satisfy the regs to fish in NJ waters.
If your passengers have a Delaware FIN number that they do NOT need the salwater registry.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if I have the Delaware fishing license for the boat and everyone on board has a Delaware fin# we should be able to fish the whole bay NJ and Dleaware side...Thanks again for your input. I just want to stinking fish...

·
Registered
75 Posts
So if I have the Delaware fishing license for the boat and everyone on board has a Delaware fin# we should be able to fish the whole bay NJ and Dleaware side...Thanks again for your input. I just want to stinking fish...
YES that's correct. I think NJ will come up with a license & fin# soon too because next year there will a charge for the saltwater registery & with no license & fin# the money would go to federal gov. instead of local.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i believe that as long as you get your boat a deleware fishing liscense anyone that step on the boat is fine. your boat just needs the license. it was like $40 for under 21' and $50 for over 21' something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.