BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been following this thing to close. If I purchase a "boat licence" is everone fishing on my boat covereed? Do you need this if your fishing off Delaware coast closer than the 3 mile limit?:confused:

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Yes everyone is covered on the boat, no sure about the inside 3 miles but this is probably considered De waters

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you purchase a "boat fishing license" then yes, everyone on your boat is covered.

If you're fishing anywhere inside of Delaware's 3 mile limit, then yes, you do need a fishing license.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes your good

50.00 a boat,300.00 charter,600.00 head boat.if you fish beyond the 3 mile you dont need it.if you fieh the jersy side of the bay you dont need it.but if you slip in del and are bring them back to del you have to maintain the del size limits. good luck this year everyone

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
did everyone get their new stickers yet that actually stick??? :confused:

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Actually, if your boat is 20' or less, the fee is $40.00. I bought a license for my 20 footer. The stickers that are to be applied to the sides of the boat won't stick. I was told to keep them aboard and good ones will be mailed to me that won't have that defect. Still haven't received them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
bay bee said:
Actually, if your boat is 20' or less, the fee is $40.00. I bought a license for my 20 footer. The stickers that are to be applied to the sides of the boat won't stick. I was told to keep them aboard and good ones will be mailed to me that won't have that defect. Still haven't received them.
I haven't recieved my good ones yet eather. Been wating a few weeks

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
mary c said:
I haven't recieved my good ones yet eather. Been wating a few weeks
Delaware musta got a good deal on some bad glue:D

·
Registered
596 Posts
same here when i got them rgey had no clue when thry would be sending replacements ones

·
Registered
783 Posts
When will I be required to have a license to fish, crab, or clam in Delaware's tidal waters? Jan. 1, 2008.
When will the new licenses be available to purchase? New licenses will be available for purchase in early- to mid-December.
What are my options when purchasing licenses? The following are options available to anglers:
· Resident annual fishing license - $8.50· Non-resident annual fishing license - $20.00· 7-day tourist fishing license - $12.50· Charter boat license (vessel hired on a per trip basis) - $150 for Residents/$300 Non-Resident· Head boat license (vessel hired on a per person basis) - $300 Resident/$600 Non- Resident· Recreational Boat license less than 20’- $40 - Same cost for Residents and Non-Residents.· Recreational Boat license longer than 20’- $50 - Same cost for Residents and Non-Residents.NOTE: A license is required in all waters to fish, clam or crab.
At what age do I need a license? Residents age 16 to 64 inclusive, and non-residents 16 and older, need a license.
Will I need both a boat fishing license and a general fishing license? No, you will need one or the other not both, depending on individual circumstances. During Fish & Wildlife's public hearings/workshops on the new fishing license, anglers unanimously requested the option for a boat fishing license. Residents will receive a complimentary $8.50 general fishing license as well when they purchase a boat fishing license (only for the owner of the boat). Non-residents will receive only the boat fishing license.

If someone owns a boat, and only uses it one week a year to fish, must they buy the special boat fishing license? No one must buy a boat fishing license. This is one of two options. You may buy a boat fishing license or you may buy an individual license. It is up to each angler to make the determination that is best for him/her depending on how they fish. The boat license covers everyone on the licensed vessel while they are fishing on that vessel.
Can the owner of a boat license and his guests walk out to clam or crab from a shoreline access site without the boat? Only a resident who owns the boat and has a boat license may walk from shore to clam or crab without using the boat. Guests would not be covered under his or her individual license. The boat license really benefits those individuals who often have guests that go with them that do not have a license. The boat license will be a decal that is affixed to the boat.
If I have a boat license and I anchor my boat out in the Bay, may I wade and clam without further licensing as long as the boat is nearby? Can the rest of my party from the boat do the same? Yes to both questions.
If I have a boat license and my boat is docked, can I crab from the pier? Yes, if you are a resident, because you also have a complimentary license, but any others in your party who are crabbing are subject to licensing provisions. A non-resident boat license holder would also need a fishing license if he or she is not actually fishing from the boat that is licensed.
If two people have a surf fishing permit/vehicle license for their vehicles, can the two people go in one vehicle to fish without a special fishing permit? Also, if they take friends along to surf fish, do the friends need a special permit? Only the operator of the vehicle that is permitted may fish without a license on the beach. Any other anglers will need to have a general $8.50 (resident) or $12.50 (tourist) or $20.00 (non-resident) license regardless of whether or not they have another vehicle permit. The exemption in the code is only for the vehicle operator who has the surf tag.
I am a resident and 65 years or older. What are my exemptions from licensing? You are exempt from licensing whether you are on your boat or fishing from shore. However, if you are on your boat and there are people who are not exempt from licensing, they must have licenses. Your options are to have each individual obtain a license or you may purchase a boat fishing license. You would need to purchase a boat fishing license because your age exemption does not allow you to transfer that exemption to other people.
Is my boat registration the same or does it take the place of the boat fishing license?There is no relationship between a boat registration and a boat fishing license. The boat registration would still need to be renewed when due.
I am a non-resident who enjoys fishing in both tidal and non-tidal areas. If I have a Delaware boat license for my big boat, will it cover me when I fish in the freshwater pond from shore? No. The boat license only covers residents in both tidal and non-tidal areas. In this case a non-resident would be required to purchase a general fishing license or 7-day license.
I own more than one boat. Do I need a boat license for both, or can I transfer it from one to the other? A boat license cannot be transferred from one boat to another. It would cover you if you were on someone else’s boat, but it does not cover both boats.
I have a boat fishing license that I use on a boat in tidal water. Can I use the boat in non-tidal waters with the same boat fishing license? Yes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts