BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I need to end an argument about this one. I'm from PA but put in the Delaware from the Jersey side at Duck Island ramp just below Trenton. Do I need to take the course or am I immune because I'm actually fishing PA/NJ waters, I have a PA fishing lic. and I'm from PA?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Is your boat registered in PA? If it is and it is trailered you do not needd the course. I will be honest it aint a bad idea though. You can never know enough about boating and safety.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
If you are a PA resident and you boat in NJ waters you need a boating safety cert. It can be from Pa, which is available online or a NJ cert which is only available in an in peson 8 hr course. It's your choice as to which cert you get, but make sure you hve one or the other;) We have a course next weekend at Dick's Sporting GOods in Franklin Mills if you are interested.

AS for the captain's license question... the capt. license is fine instead of the NJ Boating Safety Cert. Keep in mind that if you are using the license in lieu of the safety cert, you MUST carry your original license with you - no photo copies are acceped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts