BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Not sure but I remember a few years ago we fished the river after a day of heavy rain and water was dirty, fish didn't have any problem finding our baits and we had a good day up in the shallows on a flat. Water clarity was 6-12 inches but the fish were there and we're hitting good. Good luck if you get out, I'm gonna be out Saturday and maybe Friday...

·
Registered
78,995 Posts
Yes it should be good. Lots of good reports indicating fish are here and hungry. Look for some flats especially if the sun is out. Warmth gives them energy

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I was wondering about same thing but for wed. Cold rain gona drop temp in river for certain short term. Thoughts on fishing wed afternoon??? Worthy of a half vaca day?

Thanks for feedback.
Tf

·
Registered
180 Posts
The river actually isn't that bad for catching fish, the problem lies with the large tree branches or trunks that float in the river.
We did pretty well after storms. Its just annoying as hell with all the floating crap in the river.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering about same thing but for wed. Cold rain gona drop temp in river for certain short term. Thoughts on fishing wed afternoon??? Worthy of a half vaca day?

Thanks for feedback.
Tf
Tog Father,
The wind looks like it could be a problem for today if you could hold that half of vaca for another day that might be you best bet just my thoughts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Fishin4mylife - thanks for the resonse. Still on the fence about this afternoon. Wind will not be my problem - more worried about the water temp and water conditions. I work right on the River by the DE Memorial Bridge in DE and can all but see my spot on the NJ side from my work property. Wind is cranking a bit now but not unfishable.....at least on the DE side.

I use a site DBOFS (Delaware Bay Operational Forecast Systems). It gives you a graph mapping out the wind and is always spot on. Breaks the wind out in the graph by time of day and for today it has the wind dropping down to around 10kts around noon and then continuing to drop by dinner time to almost nothing. It allows you to pick the part of the Bay/River you want to evaluate for wind...check it out and let me know your thoughts. Also has a water salinity and water temp graphs. Surprisingly, it had the water temp drop to around 55 over night but has it going back up to around 57 at 6-7a.m. Got the gear in the car but still undecided. Should I stay and work or try for the gig momma???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got over to the dod this morning and it was unfishable. Got their around 7 and just sat in the truck along with the other people. Big blow out tide, their was just no water till about 50 yards out. Never saw it that low before, wind was blowing strong but was not the problem. good thing was i got to really walk around and take a good look at the cuts and scoped out some new spots.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Water clarity is not an issue on the D. They aint looking for bait but happen to stumble upon it. I have caught plenty of fish after a heavy rain in coffee with cream colored water and silt. Like the others said it's not the clarity but the debris that cause problems for boaters. Can't comment on the bank fish guys. TF. Save your money for Bloods for Friday. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Slippery - No worries, I had to put the striper pipe down today as i did not burn a half vaca day - will save for another time. Elected not to waste the day mostly becuase of my knucklehead coworkers but also because it is dam cold out there now and river looks like a mess. Was just around 39 and it was noonish. May still fish the low tide with Ziggy to kill time and the cooler full of ML. Both of us our off tommorow but I have to take the boy on a college tour (not in Ca!) so I am out for Thurs.

Friday is the day...a lot of pressure skip but I have the upmost confidence that you will put me on the big girl and make by striper blues go bye-bye. It's all good and I look forward to a day on the Slippery Jr. with team flambanation! May have to break out the Flambe rod for a little test ride. gona be chilly on the NR that much is certain.

Now if someone posts that they slayed the big ones this afternoon, my head may explode. Someone post that they went this afternoon and that it sucked. Wind should die out by this afternoon and low should be doable.

Pray for better weather!

TF

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think tomorrow might be a brown junk conveyer belt. Im hoping Friday its fishable. Got some family coming in for the weekend and had made plans a couple weeks ago for an all day outing for this Friday. I see some mixed reports on current conditions. Hopefully the next 24-36 hrs will tell the tale. If anyone has intel on conditions please provide...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Friend to a nice 41 inc her off the beach in Pennsgrove this afternoon. Must be some nice fish in the bay but with this kind of wind that is not possible

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Wed from 5 til 8pm...sucked. cats and rats and only a couple. Fished end of low bit no love. Try from boat Friday.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
We fished last night above the tacony water was clear as hell. Will be out tomorrow and Saturday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.