BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My sources tell me....

that it will take 5 yrs to restore the bottom sea conditions after a major dredge like this...also that dynamite will be used in segments of riverbed to break loose rock. Super dredging components exist today which are equipped to minimize the spoils release back into the water. A well laid out plan supervised by environmental groups/DEP would be needed to make sure its done correctly. Still alot of wrangling in order to make this happen but its getting closer :huh:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Since I work at shipping company I vote for the dredge. Business is bad on the river. Need not say more......

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't like the dredging project at all. I fish the delaware river annually during the spring migration and fear that the herring,shad,and bass will stop coming or die from the chemical laden silt on the river bottom.Fishing has been great for years and I hate to see it go away. Is the economical boost going to worth the enviromental consequenses? My opinion is no. I'm not a tree hugger , I'm a hunter and a fisherman who respects all nature. What are the chances this is not going to happen?

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
May start this coming Friday:huh:
I don't like the dredging project at all. I fish the delaware river annually during the spring migration and fear that the herring,shad,and bass will stop coming or die from the chemical laden silt on the river bottom.Fishing has been great for years and I hate to see it go away. Is the economical boost going to worth the enviromental consequenses? My opinion is no. I'm not a tree hugger , I'm a hunter and a fisherman who respects all nature. What are the chances this is not going to happen?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.