BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been beat to death but if I fish the delaware river below the CBB, I need a delaware fishing license, Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
License

That is Incorrect.You may fish Below the CBB without a license ,but only to the Mouth of the Oldmans Creek.Below Oldmans a License is needed,HRL:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Oldmans is a little south of Racoon Creek but not too far. Not too many areas to fish between the RC and Oldmans unless you like to anchor in the quarantine area or off of the big dock on the jersey side between racoon and oldmans. I always fish below Oldmans. Be there soon too:)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
SALEM CO BASSMASTER said:
So what your saying is if I'm fishing in Penns grove on the beach i still need a del lisence!
Nope, if you are on the bank, you are ok.

"
If I launch my boat from New Jersey and fish in the Delaware River between the upstream tip of Artificial Island and the Delaware/Pennsylvania line, do I need a Delaware fishing license? Yes, because Delaware’s jurisdiction extends to the New Jersey low tide line between the upstream tip of Artificial Island and the DE/PA line. If you fish from shore in New Jersey, you do not need a Delaware fishing license."

From: http://www.fw.delaware.gov/Fisheries/Pages/Fishing%20license%20FAQs.aspx

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's not a fishing license,it's a boating license.....correct? And it's only for the owner of the boat.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They call it a boating license because you can't use it to fish from shore, if you are a non resident you must also purchase a fishing license.DEl residents only need purchase one or the other

·
Registered
870 Posts
zcap1956 said:
They call it a boating license because you can't use it to fish from shore, if you are a non resident you must also purchase a fishing license.DEl residents only need purchase one or the other
Wait a minute, I thought all I needed was the boating license. Your saying I have to buy a fishing license too?

·
Registered
493 Posts
You only need a personal Del license if you are fishing from the turf in delaware. The boat license covers all DE waters and all people on the boat. If you only plan to fish the DE waters in a boat you do not need the individual license.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Take a look at a map of the river and you will see a circle outside of Racoon Creek that is called a quarantine area. There are often freighters anchored in that area waiting for inspections

1 - 18 of 18 Posts