BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we fished the river today out going tide .We had 1 good runnoff and lost an estimated 20-25# fish in about 12 inches of water.I guess between the fish digging and rolling the line just gave in.Maybe I will spool with heavier than 8# line next time. :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Flukenewsty,
Thanks For That Report,Sorry To Hear About
That Loss.Must Of Been Quite a Site Though....

Yea, I would spool up with a little heavier
line for the next Big One....

[ 03-26-2004, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice job Flukenewsty may I ask what area of the river you were fishing? Not looking for exact spot just a general location. Was thinking about tring the river out tomorrow.. thanks

Rum Runner

·
Registered
457 Posts
thanks flukenewsty for the info I think I am going to try my luck around the rancocas creek/ derege harbor area tomorrow. If i get luck I will post results. thanks again
Rum Runner

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
By all means, make sure you tell everyone how many river fish you take "before" they have a chance to spawn. :(

·
Registered
457 Posts
Maby I missed something also I never said any thing about taking fish from the river. It has been a long winter and i just want to go out and wet a line I dont care what I catch. But it does not matter any way. I didn`t catch any thing to day in the river. really just wanted to get the boat out and wet a line with my son so I had a blast any way :cool: :D

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep Fish?? Who said anything about that, I hate the people who try to start trouble with there I am such a "great conservationist" attitude. Get a life.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
And his screen name is Keeper Seeker. Ironic.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Sorry fellas, Didn't really mean to offend anyone
,or did I :confused: ? If you guys arn't taking fish from the river, thats great. It's been a long winter for us all.

The name comes from fishing in a time when one was "very" hard to come by. That was not that long ago. Don't mean to imply that I don't take fish. Just want to be able to continue taking them.

What is ironic is that I put up a post that caused someone to reply that I have a "great conservationist" attitude, whice is easy to understand considering what I posted. I have friends who are that, and they consider me a bloodthirsty killer. ;) Just not when they're spawning. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
KEEPER SEEKER,
I dont think theirs anybody here who would want too see these great fish go extinct again, I have surfed the barn a while (and you too judge by your member #, and I have found that these fisherman all have exhumed a great responsibility when it comes too our beloved stripers, we all go to great lengths to catch these fish, and i haven't known of their being to many "idiots" out their in the barn, we all understand what your saying, and we agree with you. The barn (members) have a way of ridding the barn of idiots who want too harm our stripers,there's no need to jump too conclusions or ***-u-me they are killing anything without responsibility (gut hook, etc...)chilllllll

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The season is open until April 1st. If one wants to keep a striper up til then it is that person's right to do so. There are plenty of reports from the bay of limits. These are the same fish that will be coming up the river to spawn also, yet there is no closed season. As long as people are obeying the laws there should be no preaching here. Fishermen here enough preaching from the likes of PETA. Start preaching and the road it leads too could be no fishing at all. After all - who draws the line? Won't those same fish if not fished for at all be coming back to spawn next year?

·
Registered
56 Posts
GENTLEMAN,
Lately i have been coming into contact with fisherman using a high/low rig and doing fairly well.When others are not catching they are.Iam a fish finder rig only fisherman but last night while fishing the delaware i watched a man pull a 15lber for the second time in as many nights and thats all he uses.I switched my brothers rod to high /low rig (shoulda been mine) and poof! fish on. Anybody else employ this rig? Some feed back would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That's all I usually use in the river [except for shad or when livelining]. However this early I'm just using a long leadered ``low' only rig. We just call them river rigs around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
im using a four-foot leadered mono rig with a circle at the bottom and an egg sinker above the swivel... thats a fishfinder rig.. of course i have only fished the delaware once so far this year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.