BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try the river this afternoon.I am breaking the motor in.Any suggestions on what type of lures I should use for stripers.I am going out of the Beach hill area.:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was thinking some type of crank bait that looks like a shad or herring.I will probably be trolling because I need to break in the motor and need to get in some run time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yea, today might not be a lue kind of day, unless you find some clear water somewhere. I would say something with serious rattles in it to allow the fish to find it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
just came from linden ave and the arsenal trying to switch trailers..couldnt get past the debris at the top of the ramps..there is still a huge amount of crap floating around out there. i dont how many people have been to linden ave since the makeover...man they screwed that place up. theres like 1/3 the amount of parking, you have to back out of the trailer parking spots, and the area in front of the ramp is way too close together. cant even imagine it on a weekend..

·
Registered
498 Posts
bowbreaker said:
...man they screwed that place up. theres like 1/3 the amount of parking, you have to back out of the trailer parking spots, and the area in front of the ramp is way too close together. cant even imagine it on a weekend..
Yes they did! You have to wonder if the people involved in that plan had any idea what they were doing other than trying to make it look pretty.

BTW they need to post signs prohibiting parking of cars without trailers in the trailer area. The place is crowded with cars now. When it gets warmer you'll never get in there with a trailer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Delaware river skunk

Went to the river and there was alot of junk in the water.I decided not to go out in the river.I went to salem Canal.Water was muddy but was free of junk.There was a lot of fish swimming the surface.Anyone have any ideas what it might have been.I am thinking herring or shad.Any way we saw one beaver in the canal my son thought it was cool.:)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
gunga din said:
I am going to try the river this afternoon.I am breaking the motor in.Any suggestions on what type of lures I should use for stripers.I am going out of the Beach hill area.:)
Shad bodies in bright colors close to the size of herring/.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts