BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the forum is dead I figured that I would put in a river report. Fished North of the Taconey bridge and picked up two stripers drifting eels. One was 22 and the other 25 inches. Also missed another 5 or 6 fish because I thought I was fluke fishing :confused: . Fished the 1st two hours of the outgoing. I might hit it tonight around 7 but I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
TSS - were you in the channel, at the drop-off or over the flats? I've been running down to the beach to fish, thought the river was dead.

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rhino, Take a cruise past the bridges close to you. Check the depth finder around the pilings and if you noice a group of fish drift the area with eels and you will be surprised. All action is on the out going. Two weeks ago a friend of mine was out and picked up 11 with the biggest at 28. Most of the fish will be under 24 inches but we have caught them into August using this method. I usually start drifting eels when I start to catch them on the herring chunks. I have been going down the shore myself and this was my first time fishing the river since the middle of June for stripers. The water temp was 77.

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dante remember that spot we were at in April. I bet you can't find it again. You should have kept your GPS.
I have taken up skishing in the river. No camo needed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i am not fishing the river at present time but i do know their are big bass north of the commadore barrier bridge at night around the barges! ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.