BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife been talking of moving to delware for reteriment. but surf fishing is my passion. does anybody know parts of delware were the surf fishing is good?. not looking for holes, just towns were I could live and surf fish. thank you

·
Registered
896 Posts
My g-mom has had a place in del. for 30 some years, i get a pass for the parks. Friends have a place in pots-net off the bay. I would retire there.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
First off it's Delaware;). There is plenty of surf fishing in the state as most of the shoreline is state park. I don't know how good the surf fishing is, depend on you and your skill level and being in the right place at the right time. The area around the Indian River Inlet on either side have been productive for me. (The inlet itself can be fantastic) You can also fish the bay side if the wind is honking in your face on the ocean side so you don't wreck your day. One of the best deals is the surf buggy tag is only $65.00 per year for the beach and that gives you access to all state parks in the state also. If you only walk on I think it like $30.00 per year with the same access to parks. Good luck any questions just ask.
mrlucky said:
my wife been talking of moving to delware for reteriment. but surf fishing is my passion. does anybody know parts of delware were the surf fishing is good?. not looking for holes, just towns were I could live and surf fish. thank you

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve-- Thanks, Not The Best, But Could Hold My Own, When You Say Indian River Would It Be On The State Map. Thanks

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Yes, it's the Indian River Inlet which goes out to the ocean down near Dewey Beach, plenty of beach on the north and south side. Plus plenty of fishing area in the inlet itself. The annual pass I spoke of will cover you to fish the inlet since it is a state park. Incoming seems best.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Steve, i asked on cafe locoale about fishing the chsp pier since it was in the park, on my surf tag and some replied no . thats weird the inlet is ok i was wondering about that too. I was thinking of pulling my truck right up to the fence at the inlet and let it rip :D

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
I think you pay a seperate fee to fish the just the pier to keep maintained and to keep the crowds down(never fished the pier always went on the beach) but your tag will get you into the park

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yea i been getting a tag for about 5 yrs. now. If i was by myself i would go to the pier at night. Half of it has been closed for over a year. Need to get a kayak. Never paid any more to get on the pier, but they say i have to get a gfl to fish on the pier, even if you have a tag:(

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
My wife and I looked around down there also. We found out that doctors and dentists are hard to come by. something about there being so many Jersey defectors that the docs close their practices to new patients.
I kind of like it there !

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Anywhere near OCMD then drive to Assetegue. Stripers now and in late fall, Reds in Sept, Sharks all summer and in Sept. They restrict the number of trucks and it's big.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts