BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Furuno FCV 600L and not totally satisfied with it.
Was thinking of installing a second depth finder, and looking for opions, both for structure,fish,and depth quality..

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
What performance aspect of the 600L are you not satisfied with? I run the same unit and have no problem finding wrecks, mussel beds etc.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TWIN D'S
Do you run it in auto or manual ? It seems like in the manual position I am always playing with the gain. I also can't get it to register in less than 3' of water. It might be I just don't have the setup right...

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
It depends on what I'm doing whether I run it in manual or auto. Fluke fishing it's on auto. Even looking for wrecks it's mostly on auto. When looking for schools of fish, I have it on manual.
Oh, in very shallow water my unit loses bottom also.I don't fish very often in water less than about 20' deep.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm pretty sure any unit will have a problem reading in less 3ft or less,just curious why do you want to read in that shallow of depth,you can see the bottom.If you turn your unit from 200hz to 50hz in shallower water it helps,and also turn your gain way down.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 23parker:
I'm pretty sure any unit will have a problem reading in less 3ft or less,just curious why do you want to read in that shallow of depth,you can see the bottom.If you turn your unit from 200hz to 50hz in shallower water it helps,and also turn your gain way down.
When pulling a shrimp drag on the flats it might be only 2' or so, My boat draws 1½ foot, the furuno will not read less than 3'.. No you can't always see the bottom until it is too late.
I understand the new Raymarine Digital Fishfinders with with HDFI technology have much better quality and definition and was courious if anyone would comment on them..

[ 06-26-2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Long Point ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts