BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well? We all have a list of things we said we'd get done before the season starts back up. I'm not talking about the list of things to do to prep the boat to launch; but the other stuff that can be done while the boat is under wraps. Here's mine, and of course none of it is done yet. But there's still time for all of us to get it all done. Everyone has a different list. What's on yours? I could use some more ideas.

- Clean up all useless waypoints on the GPS
- Backup all my GPS waypoints to my PC
- By an inflatable PFD that I'll actually wear ALL the time
- Make a few marker buoys out of the bucket of sash weights
- Make a few cheap wreck anchors out of some pipe and rebar/rod
- Improve the toolbox on the boat
- Get a float on my McMurdo PLB
- Improve the ditch bag contents
- Check the dates on the flare equip't
- Get a spare lanyard
- Get a whistle and reflector for the new PFD

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
My main project is to continue with my fight with cancer. If all goes well, I'll have surgery in late March and be back on the water by late Spring.

In the meantime, I have to:

Install a dry hatch into my yak

Meet up with some guys who just started a NJ freshwater yakking club

Go to the Ocean City fishing flea market to meet up with other Barners and get some tackle

Go to Barnfest and play for you guys and gals.

Probably some other things that I forgot to mention.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My main project is to continue with my fight with cancer...........
Well that kind of blows my list out of the water. Best of luck with that one :thumbsup:, and come Spring if you're up to it, you're more than welcome to come out with me for a day if you feel like letting someone else do all the work.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Well that kind of blows my list out of the water. Best of luck with that one :thumbsup:, and come Spring if you're up to it, you're more than welcome to come out with me for a day if you feel like letting someone else do all the work.
Thanks for the offer. So far, things are going kind of well. I had two months of chemo that besides from keeping me from fishing, the side effects weren't too drastic. I just finished up two months of chemo with radiation which also wasn't too bad. The only real side effect is extreme fatigue. Tomorrow will be my last day of radiation and Friday I get my chemo pump removed. I'll then have till the end of March to rest up and rebuild myself for sugery.

No matter what happens, I'm still gonna get my fishing in:D

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
season never stops joey...

still have mackeral cod and ling to catch before the stripers show back up!
For me, "the season stops" from mid-Dec till mid-Apr when the boat is out of the water. There's still fishing to be done during that time, TRUE, but Jan-Mar is really all about skiing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
with no boat to work on its more equipment

- Rip apart all reels
- Change hooks on plugs
- Re-organize everything---not that it matters since it'll be a mess 2 weeks into the season
- Spend money surf heaver, new back bay stick etc etc
- re-grease and re assemble those torn apart reels
- build a highly portable livewell with big beach tires to get large live baits a long long way from the truck

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
My main project is to continue with my fight with cancer. If all goes well, I'll have surgery in late March and be back on the water by late Spring.

In the meantime, I have to:

Install a dry hatch into my yak

Meet up with some guys who just started a NJ freshwater yakking club

Go to the Ocean City fishing flea market to meet up with other Barners and get some tackle

Go to Barnfest and play for you guys and gals.

Probably some other things that I forgot to mention.
I wish you the best of luck bro and hope you are back on the water this spring

RyanF

·
Registered
766 Posts
Oh Yea those list!!! Have a few of them (been on a few others too)
Clean and repair the fishing stuff in the garage. Organize and replace my tackle bags, buckets and stuff. Clean up the basement with my fishing stuff too.Maybe even work on the Honey Do list before the Spring Run. Good Luck with your list. Never ends........:)

·
Registered
19,485 Posts

Now there is an attitude that deserves a salute.:thumbsup: This should be required reading on the Barn.:thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
akozols much mojo and good karma brother, hope to see you at the O.C. Flea Market......:thumbsup:

as for my list, I already started on it the other day by re-tying my flounder rigs with wide mouth hooks.
Next up is a general clean up and reorganization of the entire tackle box.
Then maybe tie up a couple new Perch rigs as that'll be the first fish I target once the winter weather breaks.
Possibly re-spool a couple reels, otherwise the rods and reels are done and ready to fish.....
last but not least....attend the O.C. Fishing Flea Market....(assuming I'm not on duty with the F.D. that day and I can actually go)....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.