BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some guys saying that they can not send emails to certain member.

To receive emails, once you are logged in:

select CP User then choose Edit Options then scroll down to Messages & Notifications then check off the boxes.

This should straighten things out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks as if i can e-mail ya but the PM tells me this

(
(Your administrator has disabled private messaging.):(

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
BigG, Private Messaging does not work, from what I can see. If you want to send an e-mail, click on the members name and you will see a drop down menu where you can click "send and e-mail". Hope this helps.

Tom, I see a lot of posts with each word having a Capital Letter in the sentences. I'm sure they are not typing like this. I looked on the options and didn't see anything that would fix this problem. I'm asking for BIGGEST, cause he just doesn't "appear" to be himself without the cap lock. Any clue??

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
BigG said:
Look as if i can e-mail ya but the PMtelss me this

(
(Your administrator has disabled private messaging.):(
So far, the Barn has done well without PM. Not having PM encourages people to be more active on the board, I would hate to see that lost. Those who don't wish to post something always have email. PM is no faster than email. It's not like messenger, which is "real time".
Maybe when the issues with the new board get resolved, we can get more feedback. Ultimately, the decision is Ron's, and we should respect that. I'm one way or the other with it...there are other things I'd put before that on my list :)

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
PM is cool....look at tidalfish...they have it....i check the bassbarn more than i check my email....i think PM should be allowed

·
Registered
194 Posts
and we should respect that.
I am cool with that,
Just didn’t know why I didn’t work:D

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm fairly new here... but would definitely prefer PM to putting my email address out on the net for anyone to grab. Currently I do not see what would stop someone from entering a site like this and grabbing all of the published emails only to add them or sell them for marketing purposes, emailing viruses, etc...

I hate SPAM

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
JerseyJeff said:
I'm fairly new here... but would definitely prefer PM to putting my email address out on the net for anyone to grab. Currently I do not see what would stop someone from entering a site like this and grabbing all of the published emails only to add them or sell them for marketing purposes, emailing viruses, etc...

I hate SPAM
We had an option on the "old site" that allowed you to receive emails with your address being hidden...I'll have to see if this set up has the same option...If so, people could hit the email button, and it would say that it was coming from the Bassbarn...

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mrs. Crabbs said:
I HATE SPAM too!!
Man: You sit here, dear.

Wife: All right.

Man: Morning!

Waitress: Morning!

Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY spam!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?

Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife: I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks Mrs. Crabbs. I change that in my profile...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts