BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well saturday looked uncertain, we made the decision to go at 1200 pm and whoever didn't go missed out on some nice weather.

Well it was our first trip of the year with the normal crew. Capt Bill22Jack "Bill the Bullet", Mike Lamb "Lambo the Freako", Moose and Capt Tom.
Got to the boat at 1230 or so. Loaded it up and it started to rain. 10 minutes later it stopped and we were off through the canal and were greeted by a nice somewhat flat Del Bay.

We headed North to a lump I know about a mile or so south of the cove. 11-12 ft of water. Not a boat in sight. Set up and things looked good. Not a nibble. At the Tide change we proceeded further north to right above the green can. We marked fish and set up a couple miles north of the can. Tide was going out our bait was out the back, nothing. Water was 50.6 and we were in 12 ft of water. Well we headed back south closer to the can and there was some serious marks in about 15 ft of water. Set up and maybe we had some fish on, nibbles, but none landed. Spoke to fellow barner Nitwit, who was in the vicinity, and he was playing the same game we were. So we got the skunk.

On a better note. The "Dirty Deeds" performed great, the new stereo is very loud, Bill22Jack can dance like **** Jagger if Brown Sugar is playing at maximum volume, a 30 pack is easily injested by 3 south philly lushes, Capt Tom was the DD and it was a beautiful day with great friends.

We also created a new bet. The first fish caught gets that fisherman a couch dance at a fine establishment on rt 47 in N Vineland on the way home. Nobody won this time, but I have my eye on the prize, and if I win were going to cheerleaders.

A very fishable day on the bay, but the bass had lockjaw. I think I saw 5 other boats.

A great day.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
nice work.

great day regardless if the fish decided not join you, but I thought bill22jacks dancing attracted every "cow" within miles :D :D :p

but in all seriosness glad the shake down went well... its going get good really soon.

-Josh

·
Registered
634 Posts
Same thing with me last week. Many boats fishing around the green can area and coming back with nothing. Think I'm going to move my efforts more south or west to deeper waters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts