BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Have not been diving yet, however it has been my experience that the Tog are pretty much there all year round but for whatever reason they don’t chew very well in the summer months. We have shot some nice fish in the 10 to 12 pound range in the middle of the summer.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
With the right crabs they bite their heads off in the summer..not on green crabs though...
Honestly, I have not tried “the right crabs”;) in the middle of the summer but will definitely do so this year. However due to the tight bag limit, that time of year, I prefer to swim around looking for a slob and give him the old Tony Soprano to the side of the head with my spear gun.
Tight Lines and Good Vis,
Capt. Ken

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I’ve only been diving a couple of years, simply put, I wanted to see some of the wrecks I’ve been fishing on my entire life. We usually keep it in the 60 to 90 foot range but have ventured down to 100 to 110 range on a few occasions. I’m perfectly happy at this dept, I have no desire at all to see the Andrea Doria, I have plenty of broken cups and plates in my galley. Plus I have a hard time doing a three minute safety stop, I could not even imagine hanging on an anchor line for 45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
got ya

Haven't been this year but in years past shot a few . Long branch pier was a great place to go. Toug just hang around and say shoot me. A easy kill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts