BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just scaled down and purchased a boat in late July last year. I had the bottom painted and slipped it from August until December and may have had it out of the water for three weeks, due to re-canvassing and the hurricane. Do you think I need to get the bottom painted again this season or could I squeeze another season out of it without that added expense? The boat will be slipped in Margate from May until December again this year. The boat was power washed before winterizing in December. Thanks for all responses.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't know what paint was used. It was done by my guy at the marina. I doubt it was a two year paint, since he has always done it annually for my other boat. I just figured since my boat was not in for a whole season, I figured of any year to get away with it, this would be the one. I thought I read on this board about the merits of painting annually or biannually, but not many chimed in on this one. I guess my topic is not interesting enough or I read the thread on another board. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
I would paint it for sure. Cost you a couple hundred bucks...if you don't and it fails, your looking at triple the cost, plus a haul out and lost time on the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts