BASS BARN banner

With Winter Cancelled, Do You Wish You Left The Boat In?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knowing what you know now (that Winter got cancelled), if you could go back in time, would you have left your boat in over the Winter? Or would you have pulled it out anyway?

Speaking for myself, for once I did the "responsible thing :rolleyes:" and pulled my boat out before we had ice in the lagoons, and it cost me 2 months and counting of Winter Tog/Cod fishing.

I kick myself every day when I see this weather. With the boat winterized, dismantled, needing some repairs, and then mix in skiing, it's not worth putting it back together grabbing a day here and there. But had I known then what I know now..

What about the rest of you?

·
Registered
865 Posts
i regret it either way i would have hauled out for a week or so to do some maintenance but i would have kept fishing through the winter... now im probly going in april 1st :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
If I had stayed in the water we would have had 3 blizzards by now and 4 ice storms. I'm actually going to try find a trailer tomorrow so I can at least get it from the marina

·
Registered
743 Posts
I, of course, would have kept 'er in, but we still have about a month (maybe 3 weeks) before we can say that...

(Even though it's going to be in the 60's this Thursday!!!)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
My only regret is that I can't afford to fish salt year round and follow the sun and fish......:D So i do the next best thing and bundle up to fish freshwater in the winter.......This winter has been great I have caught LMB every month going back to last March.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I would have pulled it...Done a few things, then put it back in if I knew it was going to be this mild...I got radar this year....Its time for the water pump to be replaced...I have it done every three years...a few hatches need attention and I want to get nice green and red running lights...So its all good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I would have pulled it...Done a few things, then put it back in if I knew it was going to be this mild...I got radar this year....Its time for the water pump to be replaced...I have it done every three years...a few hatches need attention and I want to get nice green and red running lights...So its all good! :thumbsup:
Ed, congrats on the radar. Now no reason you can't go on foggy days:D.

Haig-CA:wave:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I would have puller her anyway. Since i'm not by the water makes no sense for me to leave her in. Always can charter if you got the itch to fish.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Ed, congrats on the radar. Now no reason you can't go on foggy days:D.

Haig-CA:wave:
Thanks Haig!!! You know why I got it dont you?? LOL...I have to be running the boat that particular weekend!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Even if I knew what this winter was going to be I would have to see if I could be insured. My policy has a layup period. Also, I doubt the marina would let me stay in.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Even if I knew what this winter was going to be I would have to see if I could be insured. My policy has a layup period. Also, I doubt the marina would let me stay in.
I would have stayed in and my insurance has coverage all year, doubt if the marina would have cared. But at this point I am glad she is out, have a bunch of stuff to do to her and it is easier when she is home.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Insurance is a good point. Forgot about that. I would have had to pull or try to redo my policy.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
we will be back in 3rd week of march!!!!! I dont regret pullin the boat. Im not a wreck fisherman anyway. But the only time i really get any work done is when that boat is pulled so its not such a bad thing:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts