BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are driving your boat in the back bays and you approach a row of docks with no boats in the slips,in the month of March or April,when the slow-no-wake bouy is not in the water yet, do you slow down ?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
madatory when 200 feet or closer...even with no boats...of course my "slow" speed now is a couple hundred rpm higher than in the busy summer as damage or injury is not likely...buy definitely not up on plane...

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
boats yesterday ran past chestnutneck like it was not there.my 12 year old son even said to me as iwent by a little faster than normal why didnt i slow down as much . obviously i throttled down.
lesson learned .

·
Registered
16,683 Posts
Absolutely.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Whats a boat?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Absolutely slow down.

Here's one for you... if you're fishing on a boat ramp and someone is trying to pull out (or put in) do you pull your lines in? Or just curse him out when he almost runs the lines over? Pulling out of shark river the other day some teenage kids had lines across the entrance to Belmar Marines launch... I didn't see them til I was right on top of them, had to throttle up in reverse and still almost ran them over. Kids were cursing me out to each other just loud enough for me to hear. :mad:

·
Banned
964 Posts
I slow down. Regardless the time of year.

Now what I don't understand is why some larger vessel owners feel the need to make an extra knot or two (off plane) and throw HUGE wakes, bigger than they would have if they just steamed on by???

·
Registered
600 Posts
why slow down when there are no boats?? there docks and bulkheads should withstand much more than a boat wake as long as you are not talking about a rig you run to the canyons, but slowing down with a c/c is just not ness. if you ask me

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
a no wake zone is a no wake zone boats or not. I agree with fred on the piling thing

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.