BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polky Pig and I are going to have a beach clean up at the DOD Fish & Wildlife Management Area with a Boy Scout Troop volunteering their time for community service. The clean up will be on April 16 at 8:00AM to 12:00PM.

You are all invited to join us and help us out. Heck, some of you can bring your fishing rods and go fishing after we are done.
We will have plastic bags. All you need to bring is a pair of gloves. I hope to see some of you guys there.

[ 03-28-2005, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Captblock ]

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by capt.snagalot:
this is a stupid question...but what is the DOD?

DOD stands for the Department of Defense

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
D.O.D. road is pretty sloppy.....A guy I know drove out Mon. evening......said he needed 4-wheel drive to get out,due to the heavy rain...
also said a piece of State equipment is still on the site.....will relay this info to a State officer

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I think that is awesome what you guys are doing!! My hats off to you!! I will see if I can make it down (we might be launching the boat that day though).
Again way to go!!! :D

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Y-BUC-BILL:
D.O.D. road is pretty sloppy.....A guy I know drove out Mon. evening......said he needed 4-wheel drive to get out,due to the heavy rain...
also said a piece of State equipment is still on the site.....will relay this info to a State officer
They are repairing the road but the work has been slow due to all the rain. I am hoping for a nice dry day on April 16.
It looks like we might get more rain this weekend.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I was heard last night that the fish and game locked up DOD cause if the littering is getting to bad. Don't know how true it is but worth looking into before you head down.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think the Kinsell report in the Salem Sunbeam spoke about the liter situation at DOD. I have never fished there, but live only 10-15 minutes away. I'll try to make it if Im not working.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by kenuloza:
I think the Kinsell report in the Salem Sunbeam spoke about the liter situation at DOD. I have never fished there, but live only 10-15 minutes away. I'll try to make it if Im not working.
Thanks, we could use the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts