BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY BUDDYS BOAT IS IN SHELTERED COVE.HE DRIVES BY IT EVERY TIME OUT. SHOULD HE EXPLORE THE AREA? ARE THERE SHALLOWS?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Most of the bay is 4 -5 ft deep, except near the sedge islands to the east. I know some people who sucessfully fish the middle grounds area (look for lettered sail club markers in circular pattern on chart and channel to west of beach haven) and channels behind LBI. I've never fished them myself, as I typically head out through Marshelder and go east/south towards Great Bay as i know these waters better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Our bay has a lot of shallow areas but most are well marked and charted. There's been a lot of confusion in the main channel @ the 7 & 8 buoys heading towards 5 & 6. People are seeing the buoys in the waterway and head for them instead of following the channel and run aground by Goosebar Sedge. Try fishing where Ti's Getting Deep said and also the area around the Foxboro Point area. Hi Louie!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are no fish in Tuckerton Bay, There are no fish in Tuckerton Bay, There are no fish in Tuckerton Bay. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Where the heck is Tuckerton Bay?

Anyway, if you mean the area east of Barrel Island, we call that area Big Bay, and I have never seen a name on a chart calling it anything else besides Barnegat Bay.

Are there fish there, well yes, there are flounder and weakfish in there on a consistent basis.At times you can get stripers , and pecker blues too.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Re-Bait said:
Where the heck is Tuckerton Bay?

Most of the oldtimers (baymen/duckhunters) have always called that area Tuckerton bay & have called the area south of Main point Manahawkin bay. Their thinking was the only true parts of the Barnegat bay where the sections that got there tides via the Barnegat inlet, I tend to agree with them.

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beer Guy. Its Ok. If You Post This In The Tackle Box You Will Receive Alot Of Negative Feedback.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Tuckerton bay is good for clams. I use to fish tuckerton bay years ago for about 10 years and I use to fill coolers with weakfish. I tried it last year to see if weakfish were still around and got bombarded with sand sharks. Every cast was a sand shark. I use to fish around a marker with a X on it----we called it X bouy. Anywhere around that bouy use to be great. Another area we fish was Long Point and West Creek....and again we loaded the coolers with weakfish. These 2 areas are south of X bouy....about 1 - 2 miles. Bluefish love to come around long point and feed on small fish that hang around Long Point. I would imagine they are still there. Good Luck!! :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
x bouy and long point are good spots to chum for weakfish with grass shrimp i lived my life on tuckerton bay and we still get ticked off when they call it barnegat bay at the baymens museum.clammed in the middle grounds until the bottom turned to muck and did not produce clams anymore.louis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts