BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yeah what Joe said.
If your looking for a replacement you need to specify what it actually did, positions or some would say poles.
example I need to replace a 3 position rocker with pilot when on.
(1=low 2(usually middle)=off 3=high)

btw mcgill is a pretty common company,

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah i meant 6 posts

its a euro style rocker switch for my bassboat
i was trying to rewire the livewell switch and the post popped off

if you set the switch up it would power a livewell timer middle was off and down was a manual fill for the livewell with no timing constant on...

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sea sparks

if i was to call the company what is the correct terminology for the 6 post switch? i am new to this situation and dont wanna mess this stuff up

Thank you for your time too guys :)

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
if i was to call the company what is the correct terminology for the 6 post switch? i am new to this situation and dont wanna mess this stuff up

Thank you for your time too guys :)
It's a single pole, double throw switch, but usually you just call it a on-off-on switch. They would better tell by on-off-on. like a horn switch is a (on)-off. the (on) says it's a momentary switch. Else the part number never fails!!

That model no is for a 110v switch ( the light bulb runs of 110v). I would be more pressed to say it's a 0852-4112.

Did you get that model no off the switch, or just find a pic on the website??

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
a 3 position switch on-off-on is usually a (full time) switch, at least in my experience. ex: push the rocker either up or down what ever your controlling would be energized until you push it back to the off position.

the horn example is more a momentary contact switch push the button the horn blows until you let go.

Your set up sounds like you are energizing a timer or run relay in one position and maybe full on the other way.

I would call your dealer or boat manuf. and ask them about the switch I'm sure they sell them. you could find plenty that would work. But theirs will match everything.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
sea sparks .. i have the switch but it only has mcgill written on the side i will look into the one you said to
i saw a pic on thier website but did not realize it was 110 ......thanks for the model # i would have gotten a surprise to say the least lol

wanderer the boat is a 91 bass tracker the dealer changed the switches around a while back so i was just trying to match them by manufacturer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.