BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the title pretty much says it all, since we have different fluke regs. if there on the NJ side will they have to go by NJ regs.. not that DE boaters would have to come to the nj side to find 16in fluke

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Lots of Delaware boats used to come over to the NJ side for Black Drum and stripers in past years. In recent years probably not as much but I have seen Delaware boats fishing right next to us on the NJ side quite a few times. When fishing the NJ side they would have to go by NJ regulations if they were ever boarded by the NJ Fish and Game or Marine Police just like any NJ boat fishing on the Delaware side would have to abide by their regulations. When they return to port the regulations in place of that state would be in force. Example would be do not try land your striper catch in Lewes, DE and weigh in a bonus striper with a NJ bonus tag as I think you could be fined in Delaware port. I do not believe Delaware has a striper bonus program.

·
Registered
292 Posts
So a question I have is if I am fishing out of Cape may but fishing at reef site 11 for flounder I have to follow NJ's 18" size limit but delaware's 4 fish creel limit until I get back into NJ waters where I can catch my 5th fish (since that is what I have been hearing NJ's creel will be)?

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
site 11 is in the ocean not in the bay.. you would follow your port laws at that time.. so yes you can keep 16in fish and whatever amount you can in DE while fishing the DE reef sites
So a question I have is if I am fishing out of Cape may but fishing at reef site 11 for flounder I have to follow NJ's 18" size limit but delaware's 4 fish creel limit until I get back into NJ waters where I can catch my 5th fish (since that is what I have been hearing NJ's creel will be)?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Delaware boats fishing the NJ side of the bay for fluke would have to abide by an 18" size limit until they return to DE waters. Reef site 11 is in federal waters so the regulations of the state to which you're returning would apply.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
so I can legally catch a 16 inch flounder in Delaware waters I just cant bring it home to bayway in NJ

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
so what ya do is bring along youre portable grill slide over to delaware for a boat lunch of 16 inchers n than cross the channel and go back trying to finish youre 18 inch limit here...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts