BASS BARN banner

Dog Euthanized

2K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  Zriffic 
#1 ·
After suffering numerous back-to-back seizures, we put my dog Suzy to sleep last night. She's been experiencing seizures since early summer. Vets suspected a brain tumor was the hidden cause.

#12 ·
Very Sorry Steve :( It's definitely no easy thing to do. They're certainly a part of the family.

#15 ·
That is definatley a tough thing to have to do sorry to hear of your loss steve. My dog had a similar fate back in february of last year he started having seizures and we took him to the emergency vet because he couldn't move and we found out he had cancer in his liver kidneys and pancreas. They said he could not be cured and we would have to put him down or take him home to die. We opted to take him home they said he would ahve lasted for a week he lasted 2 weeks. He went out side one morning when I was at school on a snowy day and laid down on the porch and died. It was a tough expierence. The sad part there was nothing we could have done we had spent over $3,000 dollars on him and there was no saving him.

#22 ·
Sorry to hear that Steve, I too lost one of my dogs this year unexpectedly. Its not easy, but it will get easier over time, they are in a better place now. Like Philly said, when your head clears from it a bit, get another dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.