BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought from a fellow barner a 1972 Grady White Adventurer 1833 with a 140 V4 Johnson and have fell in love with her.She has alot of minor issues that are slowily gettig fixed.The warmer it gets the more it will get done.Canvas,Carpeting,Seats,New Batts with a switch and new wiring into a fuse block.I.m enjoying doing it myself and am happy for the answers provided by fellow barners. Tonight I wet sanded the hull to bring back the Yellow paint and the section I did till my hands froze looks GREAT.I am going to go to a professional to do the motor work I don't want to take chances with that I do have a wife and son.I'm now trying to refinish the plastic emblems on the sides of the hull.I drilled out the rivets and found they are very brittle.I might get my dad to turn a set out of starboard to match or maybe teak.I will be asking alot of question over the next few months and would like to thank anybody that answers.If anybody wants to watch and boss me around I'll buy the Beer but I do plan on doing as much as I can myself.I can't wait till it gets warmer --warm nights radio playing Beer sweating in a cozy nuckles bleeding WOW I LOVE BEING A MAN!:D .

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to get a hold of fish4fun and get him to post them for me coming soon

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ccmarinetowers said:
Id Like To See Some Pic's:)
Small world the bimini came off of a boat your putting a t-top on right now.Chris from Mystic Island sold me the bimini.Pic are on the way

·
Registered
9,552 Posts
2mtDave: Visit this site and register. There are a lot of Grady enthusiasts from all over the country and you can pick up some good info there.
Good luck and post some pix.

http://www.greatgrady.com/

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SlipKid said:
2mtDave: Visit this site and register. There are a lot of Grady enthusiasts from all over the country and you can pick up some good info there.
Good luck and post some pix.

http://www.greatgrady.com/
Thanks Boy I'd never though I would be able to regester a Grady.I'm a GRADY OWNER I guess I've arrived:cool: lol

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aj bruno said:
How is the transom? :)
Lets see some pictures!
I weigh 268my friend is about 180 and the weight of the V4 all dangled off the ground with no creeking or giveing.The trailer springs sure were working overtime though.My father in Law had a heart attack so pics will be a little delayed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts