BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the opportunity to fish again with Dr. Bass on Sunday. The weather absolutely sucked but the weather report for the day was encouraging. I shoewed up at the dock and Ron, and his 4 friends and I started loading up the 38 footer. What a rig! We put more stuff on board than have on my boat and set out to do in a few grouper, snappers, and anything else that would devour our baits. 1st stop in 100' and the screen lit up! Yeh, we have the mother load...of sharks. Oh well, off to 180 feet. Again, great marks but they all had lockjaw.It was not from a lack of effort that we did not catch there. So, off to 250'. By now the 0-15 kt NE winds were in reality 15-20 NW and the edge of the stream we were sitting on got right snotty. There were some 8 footers but we did persevere and actually caught a nice snowy, and a couple of silver snappers. These guys did not quit. We were not catching but they stuck to it and that was not easy when the current got so heavy that 3 lbs woud not hold. We finally started home and made a couple of stops on the chance that we could get a couple more but all we could muster were some sea bass and short red snappers. Although the fishing was great with the guys, the catching stunk due to Mother Nature. That did not stop me from having a great time with Doc and the guys. I hope that he will be able to come on board the Free Spirit when he comes north this Summer. Thanks Ron for a great time and the best hospitality that anyone could ever ask for.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Having been on that very trip with Dr. Bass and Capt.Steve, I second everything he said. Dr. Bass is a tremendously generous guy, and his crew of "regulars" are just as great. I was/am a "newbie" at the deep dropping game, and they showed tremendous patience with my learning curve. Capt. Steve was equally quick with good tips, and overall despite the weather being horrid, a great time was had here.

Ron, thanks again...Capt Steve, good to see you.

I hope there's a "next time"

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
I am pretty sure they are talking about clean sweep maybe?!?! not sure but i think. lol

then again i might be wrong but i am intersted to find out also. lol

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
dr bass is from florida i believe

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Thank for that eric.. i have been lost trying to find out where he is to fish with! sounds like he is GOOOOOOOOOOOOD! lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Inspite of the weather - glad to hear all onboard enjoyed the trip!:) And a few fish were caught! Persistence pays off :D .
Dr. Mom

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Is dr mom related to Dr bass!?!?!

Would like to know where dr bass is out of! lol So we can book him!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Capt Steve said:
I had the opportunity to fish again with Dr. Bass on Sunday. The weather absolutely sucked but the weather report for the day was encouraging. I shoewed up at the dock and Ron, and his 4 friends and I started loading up the 38 footer. What a rig! We put more stuff on board than have on my boat and set out to do in a few grouper, snappers, and anything else that would devour our baits. 1st stop in 100' and the screen lit up! Yeh, we have the mother load...of sharks. Oh well, off to 180 feet. Again, great marks but they all had lockjaw.It was not from a lack of effort that we did not catch there. So, off to 250'. By now the 0-15 kt NE winds were in reality 15-20 NW and the edge of the stream we were sitting on got right snotty. There were some 8 footers but we did persevere and actually caught a nice snowy, and a couple of silver snappers. These guys did not quit. We were not catching but they stuck to it and that was not easy when the current got so heavy that 3 lbs woud not hold. We finally started home and made a couple of stops on the chance that we could get a couple more but all we could muster were some sea bass and short red snappers. Although the fishing was great with the guys, the catching stunk due to Mother Nature. That did not stop me from having a great time with Doc and the guys. I hope that he will be able to come on board the Free Spirit when he comes north this Summer. Thanks Ron for a great time and the best hospitality that anyone could ever ask for.
Captain , appreciate the kind words, sorry for the late reply, been catching up on work
It was a great trip all things considered, at least we saw what the boat can handle
Looking forward to the next trip and for that trip on the Free Spirit

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
ReelyHooked said:
Having been on that very trip with Dr. Bass and Capt.Steve, I second everything he said. Dr. Bass is a tremendously generous guy, and his crew of "regulars" are just as great. I was/am a "newbie" at the deep dropping game, and they showed tremendous patience with my learning curve. Capt. Steve was equally quick with good tips, and overall despite the weather being horrid, a great time was had here.

Ron, thanks again...Capt Steve, good to see you.

I hope there's a "next time"
Bob

Hope you enjoyed that Grouper and snapper, sorry there was not more
Looking forward to the next trip

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
sportfishingusa said:
Thank for that eric.. i have been lost trying to find out where he is to fish with! sounds like he is GOOOOOOOOOOOOD! lol
Born and raised Avalon NJ

Live in Northeast Orlando now

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Barners....

This is the kind of stand up guy Dr. Bass ( Ron) is. At the end of a long hard day, where the weather beat us up a bit, and the fish just wouldn't cooperate, Ron and his regular crew handed off the days catch to me to take home. After showing tremendous patience, and to quote Capt Steve "the best hospitality that anyone could ever ask for," That's how they ended the day. Giving away the fish they worked so hard for.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Ron, thanks.. the wife and I broiled up that grouper, and I fried up the snapper for my boys. Needless to say, it was "the best", and we're mighty grateful. To you, Bobbie, Dino, Kenny, I say thanks again.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I found DR BASS!!

You charter down there in NE orlando or just take friends fishing?!?

I am coming down there over the fall or maybe summer to fish a little and hang with family!!

Need some good florida fishing!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
ReelyHooked said:
Barners....

This is the kind of stand up guy Dr. Bass ( Ron) is. At the end of a long hard day, where the weather beat us up a bit, and the fish just wouldn't cooperate, Ron and his regular crew handed off the days catch to me to take home. After showing tremendous patience, and to quote Capt Steve "the best hospitality that anyone could ever ask for," That's how they ended the day. Giving away the fish they worked so hard for.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Ron, thanks.. the wife and I broiled up that grouper, and I fried up the snapper for my boys. Needless to say, it was "the best", and we're mighty grateful. To you, Bobbie, Dino, Kenny, I say thanks again.

Will do Bob

Thanks man

We will do itr again

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
sportfishingusa said:
I found DR BASS!!

You charter down there in NE orlando or just take friends fishing?!?

I am coming down there over the fall or maybe summer to fish a little and hang with family!!

Need some good florida fishing!
Just take guys fishing man
Let me know when you are down, we can give it a shot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts