BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own 4 tld 25's every single one of them have problems with drag, when first bought we could muster 20lbs of drag out of them.. (if we really wanted, of course we dont run em that high ever) but they are now on there 4th season, still new condition, now our tld 20 is mustering out more drag then these, the tld 25s are honestly getting 10lb at strike, turned the whole way up on the drag adjustment. our 30's and 50's push out as much drag as ever before.. cared for the same and everything. is there a reason for this? or is it just something i should just take on over to jim's?

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Thats way more drag than they were designed for daily use . Probably wore the washers down or just flat out mushed em. For white marlin, sail and dolphin fishing I runa bout 8lbs and for tuna jack it to ten. Some of my 25's have eight year long charter seasons on em and still feel like new. I do tear mine down and clean the drags and replace washers if need be a couple times a year...

If they are running light and very "on-Off" then chances are that they are wet...

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, most of the time we dont run the drag much over 10 anyway, we usually have it set at that, i just really cant figure out why it cant be up anyhigher, thatll be the way to go replacing the washers. and it is also inconsistent compared to the 2 speeds, with drag smoothness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts