BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Corson's bridge in Strathmere

On my way to the OC fishing flea market this morning the bridge near Corsens had no operator. I was surprised when I went to pay the toll and no one was there. That was at 8:15 am, I don't know if there is an operator at any other times.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
On my way to the OC fishing flea market this morning the bridge near Corsens had no operator. I was surprised when I went to pay the toll and no one was there. That was at 8:15 am, I don't know if there is an operator at any other times.
I go across that bridge a lot in my job, and there hasn't been anyone in the toll booth since December....(at least that I know of)....

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I think the one in Strathmere has a phone # to call during the off season if you nee it openend. I believe they must be opened so not to impede boats in navigable waters.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I think the one in Strathmere has a phone # to call during the off season if you nee it openend. I believe they must be opened so not to impede boats in navigable waters.
I was wondering that myself, but if you think about it, unless you are coming in through Corson's Inlet, there's no need to open it. If you are navigating the intra-coastal from north to south and are able to get under the Russ Chatten bridge, then you wouldn't need the Strathmere bridge to open. The intra-coastal takes you around the Strathmere bridge through the back channels and comes back out behind Strathmere. Because of this, there is no real need for the Strathmere bridge to maintain a person 24/7 - 365....

Looking at the state of disrepair on that bridge, I wonder if it "can" open.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.