BASS BARN banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
They started dredging Westecunk Creek this week, I was approaching the dredge and it was manned by 1 guy, he came out and directed me how to pass him and the buoys marking the the pipes were very confusing. The water outside of the channel is very shallow so I was very apprehensive while I was passing through. I'm going to see how it's going next weekend and may move to Tuckerton Creek for the rest of the season. I'm really glad for the dredge but I really can't depend on the marks, I don't want to hit a pipe, it's cheaper to pay for a slip for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
555 Posts
So the dredging company has left 3 white danger bouys on the north side of the Margate bridge road by whirlpool. One is stuck on a shallow mud flat and 2 more are sitting in the channel that goes back towards Pleasantville. Not only that at low tide you can see the scarring the pipe left from laying on the flats. I know its not grass flats but still irks me to see this.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I did move to Tuckerton and I'm supposed to come back on 12/15 but I'm not sure I can cross over the pipes, I was there on Sunday and the pipes were floating on the surface, no buoys marking anything. Supposed to call the operator on channel 8 but I can't understand anything they say.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts