BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys? Im starting to get the itch to fluke fish and was wondering if you guys use drift socks and if you can recommend any for a 20ft cc? Thanks Joe

·
Registered
692 Posts
All I can say is I checked/researched into this as well because my last one was taken by a gremlin... I ordered the 60" from paratech through fore and aft marine- saved on that site, haven't got to deploy it yet this year to see how it works, specs say ok but I almost went with the 72" model , but not looking for heavy drag, just some attitude adjustment. One thing I recommend with any larger sock is to attach a snubber to it to absorb some shock from the swell, buddy of mine had the WM brand and in some larger rollers tore 2 straps right off( snubber would have helped) what I decided was I liked the spherical ,parachute, type shape of the paratech vs the conical of others, and it is weighted on the bottom and has floats on top to help keep it from spinning around. I like them to slow the drift over a productive spot at points

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.