BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I was waiting for someone to post a thread about this topic. I've heard rumors about them but hope it’s not true. Unfortunately I think the rumors are correct and we are being watched by the eye in the sky. It's sad, not too long ago I remember NJ wanted to take money from us for a salt water license. Wouldn't have been a bad idea if the $ was going in the right place but we know how that is. Glad to see they are using there "small" budget where it counts.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
will get very interesting when one of them gets shot down....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup that's a lot of money when they go down, the good ones are pricey--- and with no proof of how it went down once in the h2o.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You'll change your tunes on drones when your wife can load them up with cold beer, ice and an italian sub from Primos and fly it right out to your spot.

It's a brave new world!

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
No more interesting than someone else breaking the law and going to jail or paying fine.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
What do these drones do differently that concern people from what news helicopters can do today or CC TV installed outside doors, on tops of buildings, Google Glasses, webcams showing beaches, etc.?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
What do these drones do differently that concern people from what news helicopters can do today or CC TV installed outside doors, on tops of buildings, Google Glasses, webcams showing beaches, etc.?

Come on man, what do they do differently? Have you ever done anything wrong on the water? Came off plane 15 yds late in a no wake, or trolled 50 yards past 3 mile line because birds were working real good, or had a beer in your hand while on the water? Me either but people do it and now it’s going to be on video.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Guys this is a two year old article. The NJSP and DFW hardly police the water as it is. Are they suddenly going to invest in a fleet of drones and operators to write tickets? I doubt it.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Come on man, what do they do differently? Have you ever done anything wrong on the water? Came off plane 15 yds late in a no wake, or trolled 50 yards past 3 mile line because birds were working real good, or had a beer in your hand while on the water? Me either but people do it and now it’s going to be on video.
Me, I've neer done anything wrong either, ever, especially if these websites are being monitored by computerized drones able to understand what I'm typing and track me down via my IP address and EZ Pass tag.

So, people break the law and now it's going to be on video......that's too bad for those criminals. But I doubt it is ever going to matter.

Break the law, pay the price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Article is old but in reference to what defines privacy. Buddy had seen one out there the other day. I agree I would imagine they would have to somehow announce themselves otherwise one expensive swimming drone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts