BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never fished for Drum, would like to give it a try. I see everone anchors up, what type of rig? Chum? I assume fresh clams are the bait of choice since I see everone buying bushels of them for drum fishing? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mike

[ 05-21-2006, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: 21C-SWIRL ]

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Fishfinder rig, 36" leader of 50lbs. test with a 7/0 circle hook.
Fresh sea clam.

Don't be surprised if a Striper grabs that clam....LOL

Russ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where is the best spots for drum right now? I've never fished for drum but heard alot about it. And from what I've heard the best time is at night?

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks for the info, I heard a few guys at the local bait shop talking about a few secret spots in the delaware bay, but they wouldn't give up there spots...haha

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Also hold the rod and don't let them run with it, the ones I have caught bit very light, almost like a weakie.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Esox1 I think their your feet or Sanibels. He sent me those pics to throw up on the site plus the hammerhead pic. I'm pretty sure that pic is from one of our fluke trips last summer. I told him the other nite u two should join the team. Then we can put a bio and all the pics you want. Anyway what do u think of the site so far I'm still learning how to do that stuff. How was turkey hunting?

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
They are my feet.

Sanibel said you were going to put the video of me catching the hammerhead on your site. I think I cursed allot.

I have a boat load of fishing pictures but I am just starting to use my digital camera.

No turkeys.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Esox1 yeah your video is up there and we like to hear the cursing...haha I just have to get the video of that 400 lb jewfish I hooked in florida last year. Jim and I are going to come down in a few weeks to fish with tony, so I'm sure you'll be there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts