BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I kept one once. I didn't like it and I eat a lot of fish. They say it tastes like veal but I don't eat veal so I wouldn't know. They fight great and are fun to catch but I would not keep another one.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Awesome smoked-cuts & texture like canned ham and tastes great

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
we had a piece on Thurs from a fish caught on Wednesday...pan fried and very good. It was difficult to tell the difference between the drum and the striper...sounds crazy but true

·
Registered
79,028 Posts
Cut as much of the red or dark meet off. Then cut into stripes like chicken. Get a good breadcrumb mix and fry it. You will end up cutting a lot of dark meet off but what is left is very good.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
First.. get yourself a chainsaw or a sawsall...

Then leave a filet out in the sun for an hour and watch it come alive...

Then throw the rest of them you catch back...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Originally posted by Whiteyr:
Is there anywhere one can purchase drum? My father in law keeps asking me where he can buy some.
I do believe that Capt Tates gets it every once in a while. They are on Rt 47 in Dennisville. 609 861 4001

·
Registered
330 Posts
Cut small chunks about the size of a golf ball and dip them in egg and breadcrumbs. Deep fry them until golden brown and use your favorite sauce, cocktail or tarter, they taste great!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I always prepared it like pork. Marinate the hell out of it in Italian dressing or bbq sauce and grill it. Either way it is good. I cokked it for a huge party one year and it was a hit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.