BASS BARN banner

Drum Questions - and Answers!!!

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  DaisyMaySportfishing 
Hear a ? do you want to use to anchors when drum fishing.
yes , infact you don't want your bait to move at all. so some guys including myself . will put a one ounce inline sinker just a few inches up the leader from the bait. along with you sinker to get it to the bottom , this second sinker will keep the bait still when the current is ripping. so always anchor for drum.

for you either Maurice river cove , or cape may, In the river stay in the center and follow your buoy's There is very shallow water in front of east point light house , but the mouth of the river is very wide, there is plenty of room to run. Cape may is the cm canal. Stay in the center and when passing the ferry's stay close to the ferry's The far side of the canal across from the ferry's is a mud flat. Once in the bay , just keep a sharp eye for crab pot buoys' and stakes, and of course anything that may be floating. But that can happen anywhere. Some people may tell you to drop in from bidwell creek, I would say into you get to know the area , that would be my last choice since drum fishing means you may be coming in after dark or in low light that place the entry into the creek is the trickiest by far. If you have a chartplotter and you be careful you will be fine at anyone of the points of entry.
pigpen on 82

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.