BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In anticipation of the upcoming drum bite, I'm looking for new ways to prepare drum. Drum has a unique taste and texture and I'm looking for recipes that work best with drum. I've made drum parmesan several times and it is amazing. Any suggestions?

Black Drum Parmesan:
1 Thick fillet of black drum
2 eggs, beaten with up to 1/4 cup milk, optional
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko
1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter
1 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper

1. Season the fillet with salt and pepper.
2. Roll it in the flour, dip it in the egg wash, and then roll it in the panko until it is completely coated.
3. Refrigerate for 10 minutes (this will make the breading stick better).
4. Heat the margarine or butter in a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Fry the fillet until it’s golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add more margarine or butter after flipping
5. Place it in a ceramic baking dish with juices. Add more margarine or butter and bake at 375 for 10 min or until internal temp reaches 145 F.
6. Top it with Parmesan cheese, then marinara, and sprinkle it with the mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake until the top is golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Drum parm is very tasty. I usually only keep 1 small fish a season. Last fillets I had I marinated in BBQ sauce just like I would a piece of chicken or pork and threw it on the grill. When it was just about cooked, I put a handful of shredded cheddar cheese on top to melt. Was really good that way as well.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Drum fish tacos, bar b que drum fish cubes wrapped in bacon, deep fried drum fish bites (like mcnuggets)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Grab about 8-10 shishkabob sticks and soak in water for 2 hours.
Take a pound of drumfish and cut into 1" cubes.
Take a pack of bacon and cut in half.
Wrap the cubes in bacon and put on shishkabob sticks. Season with kosher salt, pepper, parsley and Old Bay or JO seasoning. Cook on the grill at medium heat and keep an eye on them as the bacon creates alot of grease and can flame up easily.
Enjoy- I do the same with striper and it's a hit with everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts