BASS BARN banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First you need a case of beer per angler and lots of food. Don't forget your Fisherman Mag. so you can catch up on some reading. Oh yea you will need some PREPERATION H .MY REPORT, Don't listen to the hype. Drum fishing is fair at best. Some boats catch while most others are just watching and getting drunk. Drum fishing during daylight hrs til dusk, on most days have not been , what I call , good or on FIRE as I read on some reports. When you have to sit for hrs. waiting for the bite to start and it only happens for a short time , I am sorry,it is booring fishing. Last year was much better as we had lots of fish all of april and May. Now we are still waiting for the Mad Dog bite to start. I don't fish for a living so I don't need to coax anyone to come down. Don't get me wrong, there is still good drumfishing yet to come but being in the right place at the right time is key. There is a lot of good fishing right now as the FLUKING in the back waters and in the bay is very good with lots of keepers. The wrecks are loaded with seabass . We did a wreck trip on SUNDAY with River Guide STEVE KOHLER and friends DAN AND GEORGE. In two Hrs. we had over 50 seabass to 3.25 lbs.Then we went to slaughters and caught 2 puppy drum. Only a couple of boats had some good action and they were SOMETHING CATCHY AND MARGARITYVILLE. The rest of the boats , we noticed only scattered fish being caught. If you want to get out and Fish with me it is ALL DAY fishing with multi speci being our target. We look for at least 3 speci per day. GRAND SLAMS ARE NICE TOO ! CAP'T STEVE LONDON 215-512-1640

1 - 1 of 1 Posts