BASS BARN banner

Ductwork 4/2 Blackfishing-Epic day out in the deep

6K views 47 replies 23 participants last post by  aqua18 
#1 · (Edited)
Fished today with Jared, Len, Brian M, Joe C, Tuna John, Darren and guest star mate Mikey P. Made two drops for the day in over 150ft....Very good bite with fish being boated at a good clip. The guys ended up with a boat limit of fish, with 15 fish going over the 10lb mark and a handful of ling. Tuna John had the big fish for the day, a PB 15lb fish...congrats on that. Great day on the water with a great group of guys.

Phil L

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
DAY WAS JUST RIDICULOUS !!! Thanks Phil for putting me on my PB as well as 8 to 10 other slobs. Day ill always remember. see you sunday.
ps i can't figure out how to upload pics ill send them to you

#18 ·
You deserve it John, after all those so so trips this winter, you came up Big! Congrats! The Ductwork will now have a bigger "Following" like that other boat further south. lol You know, I like details, please describe the bite and fight when you get a chance. There's Nothing like a Big Tog bite in deep water, to me it feels like a dogfish bite but its Not! Tks, Dennis

#23 ·
Denis - it was a real scratchy bite - but luckily lots of bites. I had 2 fish (the first two) absolutely crush the crabs the rest were really light taps - sometimes just a single tap and I'd lift and there would be a fish sittign on the crab. The fights were awesome - I really like the fiberglass rods for the thumping of a big tog.

#24 ·
15 fish over 10lbs is something I've never even heard of. :eek:

Did anyone have a GoPro? Any chance there's a video coming? That would look wild, that many people with bent rods like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.