BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened! First Striper ever on the fly rod on Wed. night...Me and the Hip'ster had a nice pick of fish for awhile and doing well working softplastics and plugs. After five fish or so, I put the spinning stuff down, rigged up the fly rod and within 10 mins. the drag was peeling! What an awesome feeling! Fish was about 24", one of the smaller ones of the night, but absolutly awesome! A Pink bucktail jiggy did the trick. Pics to follow :D The first of Many!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Josh,

Congrats on your first.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Another Cherry popped - happens alot here on the barn. Congrats!!!

By the way - Pink bucktail jiggy's don't work ;)

Tell us what you where really using ;) :D

CONGRATS - and many more!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Good job Man! Congrats!! I'm glad you and Keith got out to do some damage!!! Now make that boy put down them Rooster Tails and use a fly rod!

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Go ahead Josh. Glad you connected. Ron

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Brian E. Mullaney:
Another Cherry popped - happens alot here on the barn. Congrats!!!

By the way - Pink bucktail jiggy's don't work ;)

Tell us what you where really using ;) :D

CONGRATS - and many more!
OK...Ok...I was using a bloodworm fly! :D ...NOT!

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Came up like a trout and slurped it as it hit the water. I said, "Dude...He took it"...Josh said..."not aaaahhhhh" as he strip struck fast and hooked up. It was the cherry on the sunday. I have a bum shoulder otherwise I would have been fly fishing. Hell I could barely set the hook as it is. Havnt smelled the skunk since the first 2 days I went on March 2nd and 3rd. Turning out to be a great season.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Josh, Way to go! Sounds like things are starting to hop. You will always remember that first bass on the fly there is nothing like it. Hope you get many more and you got to love those jiggies, they are my favorites. Wish I was there.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I DID smell the skunk just not in Joisey ;)

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
HIP, you just have to stay in Joisey. I haven't decided whether to put the boat in the slip for the season or stay mobile for Run and Gun. May want to try some of that warmer shallower back bay where you were the other day. I know I can get fish down here if I do the bait thing, but I am getting stubborn.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
They are back there...just have to put some time in! They are your for the woopin' on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts