BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Red_Cherokee said:
Single largest fluke was 10.0 pounds and it came from the back bay behind stone harbor.
Five heaviest was something around 24.8 pounds
Heaviest bluefish was a tie at 0.8 pounds!!!
Heaviest seabass was about 5.2 pounds.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I was on the Predator team, We picked up 3rd place on the 5 Heaviest.:)
That 10lber was pickedup behind Stone Harbor,And paid out $13,000 :eek:
We had a blast.

·
Registered
548 Posts
who caught it and how did dukes boat end up

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
An email from Sterling Harbor...

13th Annual Duke of Fluke Tournament Results:
132 Boats were entered in the Tournament.
Single Heaviest Fluke: 1st Place, 10.0 pounds, Keith Kelly "Raise the Flag"
2nd Place: 7.8 pounds, Dan Avena "Gold Rush II"
3rd Place: 7.2 pounds, Len Fennimore "Fishin Mission"
Five Heaviest Fluke: 1st Place: 24.2 pounds, Ridge Runner, Capt. Jake Edgerton
2nd Place: 23.6 pounds, Jody Joe, Capt. Joe Longo
3rd Place: 23.2 pounds, Predator, Capt. LJ McConnell
Junior Angler Award: 5.2 pounds, Joe Kane on Eric McDougalls "Amber Anna"
Duchess Award: 3.8 pounds, Carol Goss aboard Jim Diesers "C-Dog"
Heaviest Sea Bass: 5.2 pounds, C-Dog, Capt. Jim Dieser
Heaviest Bluefish: 0.8 pounds, Osprey III, Capt. Roy Lucadema
0.8 pounds, Shark Bait, Capt. Chris Sarter

Flounder fishing has picked up in the Back Bays this past week.Keith Kelly weighed a 10.0 pound Flounder in the Duke of Fluke Tournament. He caught the fish behind Stone Harbor. Charles Morgan of Claymont, DE weighed in a 4.85 pound Fluke. Stephen Tiberi of Bristol, PA had a 17 inch Flounder he caught in the Wildwood Back Bays. Justin Marco age 12 from Sewell, NJ had two 18 inch and a 19" Flounder caught on Gulp Shrimp in Richardson's Channel.
Offshore, there is a Tuna Bite at the Hot Dog while trolling, and Tuna are starting to be caught on the chunk. Yellowfin and Bluefin are being caught in the 30 - 60 pound range. Bonita and Bluefish are being caught while trolling at the East Lump, with some Spanish Mackerel being caught as well.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
My Only Problem With The Duke Is After I Fish In The Hot Sun All Day And Eat A Little Bit At The Dinner? Burp!! By 8:00 My Eyes Tell Me They Can't Stay Open.there Is Improvement,last Year It Happened 1/2 Hour Earlier.great Tourney And Had A Great Time As Always.rut--row The Lousy Lurker I Hear Was D F L. Hehehe

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
BIGGESTJACK said:
My Only Problem With The Duke Is After I Fish In The Hot Sun All Day And Eat A Little Bit At The Dinner? Burp!! By 8:00 My Eyes Tell Me They Can't Stay Open.there Is Improvement,last Year It Happened 1/2 Hour Earlier.great Tourney And Had A Great Time As Always.rut--row The Lousy Lurker I Hear Was D F L. Hehehe
MA KELLY AND FRIEND WERE THERE AND I HAD A CHANCE TO TALK TO THEM FOR AWHILE AND TOLD THEM TO GO TO THE FEST AND MEET MORE BARNERS.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Paul Tripodi said:
I was on the Predator team, We picked up 3rd place on the 5 Heaviest.:)
That 10lber was pickedup behind Stone Harbor,And paid out $13,000 :eek:
We had a blast.
Nicely done! You deserved it. You guys knocked us off the board with 22.8#. We lost too many nice fish. Maybe next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts