BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen alot of reports of Kayakers using this item. Just picked one up for my 15' yacht. Anyone have helpful hints? Seems to function pretty well, except in black/white. Didn't want to spend a bundle yet for color.
Fishing the Del bay.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Any advice???

I am also looking for a beginner's fish finder for my "yacht" too! Let me ask a really stupid question....I'm assuming they will all need some type of power source aka battery. How does that all work out when my *** gets flipped over in the surf!?!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Keep it very dry. On the Eagle Cuda I had the plug started to corrode the the first time it got wet the plug blew and melted down. Sorry but not a fan of the Cudas, I had nothing but trouble with mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well not sure about the roll and flip. They do say it's water proff. I would add grease to all my plug connections. The ubit is relatively inexpensive. So for me it's what I want to start with. In regards to the battery I'm sure they make a water proof case. I have read alot with this units from kayakers who enjoy it. Google around some. They also show installation techniques.
As far as liking it, I do. I have set a bunch of waypoints on my map so after that it is pretty simple to move around and get to where you are going. I do like the clored units but until I get use to this then I can move along.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Keep some di-electric grease on the connector and NEVER leave the battery connected if the unit is unpugged...never any problems with mine yet.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Best of luck with it. I was just offering my experience with them Cuda's. Mine only took a small splash on the plug and it was done.

I'll stick with my Humminbirds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts