BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am getting all insane painting yellow sinkers, making rigs, chum and plotting the slaughter. Hitting Shark river early around high tide. My buddy thinks it will be a zoo. I say nobody except us is showing up because:
1. Easter
2. Water too cold, air too cold
3. No fish
4. Gas & bloodworm $$$$

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
We plan to be out there early Easter morning, up the Shrewsbury and/or Navisink Rivers. The weather looks good but who knows it could be gale force by Sunday.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My sone and I are planning early Easter AM at the Shark River, gotta be back for the company. Made 2 1/2 gallons of catfood/corn/rice/clam chum. Got clams, mussels, assorted Gulp, sabikis, etc. Armed and ready, yep, gonna be a gale.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
TOO cold for me:mad:
no fish:mad:
boat isn't close to being ready:mad:
still need to make a dent in the honey do list:mad:
April 12th it begins for me:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think you buddy might be right. are you renting a boat or fishing from shore
philjam said:
Am getting all insane painting yellow sinkers, making rigs, chum and plotting the slaughter. Hitting Shark river early around high tide. My buddy thinks it will be a zoo. I say nobody except us is showing up because:
1. Easter
2. Water too cold, air too cold
3. No fish
4. Gas & bloodworm $$$$

·
Registered
128 Posts
are you renting a boat or fishing from shore?
Kevin2 said:
My sone and I are planning early Easter AM at the Shark River, gotta be back for the company. Made 2 1/2 gallons of catfood/corn/rice/clam chum. Got clams, mussels, assorted Gulp, sabikis, etc. Armed and ready, yep, gonna be a gale.

·
Registered
168 Posts
SURF STRIPER KING 0536 said:
are you renting a boat or fishing from shore?

I'm probably going to fish from shore. I've got a small boat but towing it out there in the morning freeze and getting dipped while launching ain't fun. If you rent one of those skiffs, you might as well go on a party boat. With the limited time I have that day, it's not worth the rental.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
LOL Easter...easter....? Whats that? Pretty much our modo for this sunday! Will be out on barnegat bay bright and early. Yellow sinkers,chum, rigs, spots....thats just the half of it! Cant wait, go get em boys.

·
Registered
128 Posts
im going to start off at the tennis courts but the way it looks it looks like there is going to be a crowd. so ill just go to my other spot where i slaughtered them last year on opening day:D :p . Good luck
Kevin2 said:
I'm probably going to fish from shore. I've got a small boat but towing it out there in the morning freeze and getting dipped while launching ain't fun. If you rent one of those skiffs, you might as well go on a party boat. With the limited time I have that day, it's not worth the rental.

·
Registered
325 Posts
me and ny buddies will hit the shark get a rental i got the chum and we will do our thing going to try a diff spot back past the tennis courts and then come down by the boat ramp if we need to:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
SURF STRIPER KING 0536 said:
im going to start off at the tennis courts but the way it looks it looks like there is going to be a crowd. so ill just go to my other spot where i slaughtered them last year on opening day:D :p . Good luck

I'm gonna look at the bulkhead area early on, but if all the "construction and landscape workers" are there as has been the case the last couple of years, taking the shorts and forgetting the language, I'll be moving on. If you're interested, I'll trade "burning spots" with you.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Kevin2 said:
I'm gonna look at the bulkhead area early on, but if all the "construction and landscape workers" are there as has been the case the last couple of years, taking the shorts and forgetting the language, I'll be moving on. If you're interested, I'll trade "burning spots" with you.
they are hitting the winter flounder opener now too? No excuse to keep undersized fish if you can read when the season opens. I hate the ace up the sleeve excuse with a passion.

RyanF

·
Registered
168 Posts
RyanF said:
they are hitting the winter flounder opener now too? No excuse to keep undersized fish if you can read when the season opens. I hate the ace up the sleeve excuse with a passion.

RyanF
Oh yeah, they're hitting 'em. Last year at Belmar on the bulkhead just to the south of the party boats, I saw a couple of sly ones. They had a fish trap down deep secured with a line that was hidden buy a trash can. They also had a small cooler in which they kept a couple of legal fish (I asked what they had and they obliged me by lifting the lid). I didn't know the fish trap was there until I moved to their right and tried casting out of the way. The angle was terrible and I reeled in and snagged the trap. They decided to leave and packed up. When the trap was pulled, they had about 1/2 dozen small flounder. Impossible to measure, but all looked short. They boogied quick.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Make sure you get there EARLY. I no the owner of the den and he said that there is alot of people calling about boat rentals on easter
cityfisherman said:
me and ny buddies will hit the shark get a rental i got the chum and we will do our thing going to try a diff spot back past the tennis courts and then come down by the boat ramp if we need to:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts