BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just read on another website that alot of people are using Easy-Off oven cleaner to remove bottom paint??? I am wondering if it is safe for Gel-Coat? I am willing to try it, but i DO NOT want to ruin the gel coat on the boat...... Maybe some fiberglass guys can weigh in on this and give the "Yay or Nay"..... thanks!

·
Registered
428 Posts
It would not bother the the fiberglass. We also use and acid base call on/off that the clean the bottoms and it does;)nt hurt it either.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I used easy off to remove the logo and name off the side of a proline I bought and you couldnt even tell where it was when I was done.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update-

went at it with the Easy-Off and and a stiff brush today....... bottom paint came off pretty easily...... had to do a few "cycles" but it turned out well.... just used the pressure washer to wash all the junk off of it...... So far So good!

·
Registered
112 Posts
sandflea said:
went at it with the Easy-Off and and a stiff brush today....... bottom paint came off pretty easily...... had to do a few "cycles" but it turned out well.... just used the pressure washer to wash all the junk off of it...... So far So good!
Your not talking about a wire brush are you?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Men, don't get the easy off on your skin or in your eyes. that's some nasty SH!T:eek:

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I used the Interlux Interstrip paint stripper. Just brush it on wait 15 minutes hose off. The paint fell off. No brushing, no scrubbing. Just a little more expensive then easy off. Also stripped all the stickers and numbers off without a problem either

·
Registered
939 Posts
I used it years ago on a Boston Whaler to remove the yellow water stains on the side of the boat it worked great

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trainman said:
Your not talking about a wire brush are you?

NNNOOOO Way Man! ....... i used a brush that you would used to clean tile floors with...... its like a stiff plastic material........ no scratcing or scarring...... worked great!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
hey sand flea, where you at? I am on rt. 300 just past wheatleys pond..its always nice to see a local on board :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i am off of rt 6 ...... make a right at the old grain towers heading towards the town of Clayton..... can walk to the pond from here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts