BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsdown: If you need socks, beef jerky or want to book a hunting trip then this is the show for you. There where only three or four tackle venders in the whole show pretty disappointing. Not worth the drive or cost of admission IMO.

True World Tackle was there - he was the biggest of the three or four Tackle venders. I got a nice Yo-Zuri Blanka minnow and Tail Walker Gun in Green flake.

I won't be back next year.

The $18 Corned beef sandwich from Harold's Deli was the highlight of the show for me.

Now the question is - it is worth it to drive down to the show in Maryland today ? Did anyone go Thursday or Friday ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maryland Show

I have gone to Maryland for the last 6 or 7 years, and Last year was not worth the drive down, less than half the vendors of prior years.

Needless to say I passed on that this year.

·
Registered
256 Posts
GOOD FRIENDS OF MINE WHO OWN A SPORTING GOODS STORE SAID THEY WERE NOT GOING TO BE THERE THIS YEAR. EVERY YEAR THIS SHOW IS GETTING WORSE. I DID NOT BOTHER GOING THIS YEAR. TOO MUCH $ FOR SUCH A LOUSY SHOW:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I was really thinking about a booth there and thankfully I just decided to check it out - saved myself a grand. Booths are very expensive there....

Today burnt more time and drove down to checkout the Maryland Fairgrounds show - this was focused on fishing but mainly freshwater and trolling very kind of contraption for bass.

Not that interesting, shortage of quality venders (no offense) but just nothing exciting to see. Half the show was skinny water boats some offshore. They had the Everglades 29 pilot house - that was nice and Sailfish 3006 also nice there.

I have booths in Sommerset March 19-21, RISSA Rhode Island March 19-21, Philly show in Oaks Feb. Stop by and check us out, I will have all the goods from the website(s) and some special deals jigs, jig heads and hooks.

At the Oaks show; I am *thinking* about doing bucktails for a buck - if you have receipt / proof you attended in the march on Washington Feb 24th.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
30 dollars for funnel cakes

You have gottobe kidding me I think that was my last time there. Yes $30 for 3 funnel cake and 3 drinx. And the guy thought he was being nice offering me a deep fried snickers. thanx but no on the deep fried sugar the unnel cake was bad enuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.