BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Groggy said:
do i need an endorsement on my drivers license to get up into the river?​
You need the endorsement upstream of the Lake Lenape dam but,you will need a fresh water fishing license if you fish upstream of the power lines at confluence of Gravelly Run.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just an FYI, when you renew your driver's license and want to keep you boat operator's endorsement you will need to produce your NJSP boater safety certificate.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maine_sport said:
You need the endorsement upstream of the Lake Lenape dam but,you will need a fresh water fishing license if you fish upstream of the power lines at confluence of Gravelly Run.
So I can launch the boat "south" of the dam without a freshwater license correct? I just got to purchase a freshwater fishing license? Is it really freshwater up there?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
if you launch at the dam, you need a license. the dividing line is the power lines, near where gravelly run empties into the river. gravelly run is probably 1-1.5 miles down stream of the bulkhead on rt 40 in mays landing. and yes, its fresh water. especially this time of year.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
circlehook said:
if you launch at the dam, you need a license. the dividing line is the power lines, near where gravelly run empties into the river. gravelly run is probably 1-1.5 miles down stream of the bulkhead on rt 40 in mays landing. and yes, its fresh water. especially this time of year.
IF YOU LAUNCH ABOVE THE DAM HOW FAR CAN YOU GO WITH AN OUTBOARD???

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
if you launch above the dam, you'd be in lake lenape. which is a pretty good size lake. the river is pretty wide at the top of the lake and goes a ways up before getting narrow. I'd venture to guess you could run the whole lake and another 1-2 miles of river w/o a problem.

only issue is since its a county park you have to get a $5 permit to launch. and depending on what power your running, the county requires proof of insurance. ie for my jon & electric it was just $5. for real low hp it may be the same, but at some point the ins requirement kicks in.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you put in below the dam,(I assume you plan to pay at Mays Landing Marina or using the ramp at Estell Manor Park) you will need the NJSP Boater's Safety Certificate and a freshwater fishing license. If you put in at Lake Lenape, you will need the non-tidewater boat endorsement on your driver's license and freshwater fishing license. The county park allows you to use a gas engine up to 9.9 h.p. with out proof of insurance. You need to have $500,000 worth of insurance for higher h.p.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts