BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to figure out our best set-up for FF and GPS....the best idea is to have seperate units. We will be getting a 23' Contender with the 23t console. Everything will be getting flush mounted.

Raymarine ds600
Garmin 540....strictly gps no sounder..

Is the 540 too small of a unit to see while driving?? 5" screen...

Any info would be greatly appreciated....

Money will become an issue...however...if we can...I would rather spend the $$ andhave quality units...than "compromise" with units we wouldn't be happy with...

·
Registered
583 Posts
stop by EMC in Rio Grande across from Wal Mart...

talk to Erik... they have a good # of electronics running and out on display you can push buttons on... he knows his stuff and can answer your questions, and what he might not know offhand he finds the answers quickly...

think he goes by Riktronic on here..

i think a lot goes by what you used last.. it's like TV's.. your next TV is usually not a smaller black & white tv... but a bigger, brighter, more colourful one within your budget

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I second going to talk to Erik at EMC. Tell him I sent you in. I only have experience with Garmin and Northstar. So I can't say anything about Raymarine. I have a Northstar 6000i 12"on my boat and a body has a Garmin 12" display I like mine and I liked his.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Carl - Check with Brent at Offshore Electronics here at the Canyon Club (barn sponsor). He'll give you the straight no BS answer. He's at 884-6645.

·
Registered
110 Posts
StickEm said:
Carl - Check with Brent at Offshore Electronics here at the Canyon Club (barn sponsor). He'll give you the straight no BS answer. He's at 884-6645.
does Brent at canyon club
electronic's have a fourm name
on the bass barn? and if so
what is it and is he on the
offshore page? would like
to ask him a question.
thanks tony

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aj bruno said:
Chef... email me
I can give you some suggestions....
This is an Old thread...I think the guy above was asking Stickem about his guy..

We went with the raymarine ds 600 ff, garmin 540 gps(couldn't afford any bigger model) and a icom vhf 304....

Sometime in the near future when cash is better off we might move up in the gps size...

can't wait for April 28th!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
10 days :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go with your choice of Garmin...and the Furuno 620 or better yet 585.No need to second guess your choices with that combo.
Currently, probably the best FF on the market with no need to add extra batteries or custom rig yur wiring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts