BASS BARN banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62,420 Posts
...... TMZ cameras caught up with the younger Manning and asked about his non-reaction to his brother's big moment.
"I was just focused on whether they'd go for two," he said. "The defense had to step up and make some stops."

In other words, he wasn't ready to celebrate despite the fact there were just over three minutes left in a two-possession game for a Carolina Panthers offense that couldn't do much all night. Okay, we can buy that -- especially from a quarterback on a team that lost six of 10 games this season after leading or being tied with less than two minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.........
TMZ not needed. This was obvious to anyone who watched the Giants play this year. ;)

I know you guys don't watch the Giants much, but Eli was not happy because he was clearly thinking "Crap, they should have run time off the clock and scored on 3rd down. We're going to lose now because 45 seconds is all the other team will need to get two TDs and an onside kick."

If you watched the Giants this year, you'd understand.

·
Registered
62,420 Posts
I figured that what was going through his head at the time. Although I'd still want more SB's than my brother....hopefully Eli has another one in him.
Eli may have also been thinking "damn, now I gotta win another one, and I had no business even being in the first two." :D

Reactions: Barnegat Light Mike
21 - 23 of 23 Posts