BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having all of my coaming pads redone now and I am considering having my boat name embroidered on the front pad. Is there a certain type of thread that needs to be used to withstand weather conditions with salt and sun etc.? Any ideas?

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Just Photoshop it on! :D

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
My coaming pads on my wellcraft have "wellcraft" emboidered on them in a script type lettering. Manufacturer did them when she was built. its a yr 2000 and they still look pretty good. I don't know what type thread they used but whatever it is.... it held up pretty good considering all the wear and tear of scrubbing/salt/sun/blood/bait/embedded hooks/bunker juice/beer/so.on..and so on.

I'd use whatever thread they use to make enclosures....they come in dif colors....call some enclosure making type guys for info....

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kevin
Get ahold of Graham's Marine Canvas. I'm pretty sure that he is using thread made by gore-tex as it doesn't breakdown from the sun light.
George
Thanks George. I did try and contact him by e-mail numerous times, but never got a response. Guess I will have to call him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts