BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time is quickly running out. On Sept. 30, 2008 the EPA will be requiring permits for ANY water coming off your boat. Two weeks ago a bill -- S. 2766 -- was introduced into the senate to stop this fiasco that could kill boating as we know it. Kill it because boaters will refuse to pay for this Alice-in-Wonderland nonsense permit. To find out what is going on, what the chances are to stop the madness, and what you can do about it, click on the links below. Remember, this isn't the first time government incompetence has decimated our sport!

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/view_news.aspx?NewsID=821

Anyone well versed in this?? Could this really happen????

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The Pa. Senators got my letters and A. specter Emailed me back acknowledging the concern !

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
543 Posts
thanks for the info

Ed...Good lookin on this I would have never known like most of us until it was too late:mad:Just how they want it so they can slide a new bill through without any type of public outcry.

I used the boatblue link to forward my email.Every time you turn around it seems like Uncle Sam is tryin to get in your pocket!!!Cause lets face it thats what this is about,and not the concern about our waterways!!!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Forgot to mention I had a reply the next morning.So this is not a waste of key strokes.Some one is taking the time to reply.It only takes a minute.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Paul Tripodi said:
The Pa. Senators got my letters and A. specter Emailed me back acknowledging the concern !
Also Bob Casey Emailed me along with A. Specter, Keep it going

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Done. Takes more like 3 minutes if you decide to write your own response instead of the canned one, but well worth the time.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts