BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had it up to here with strike kings redeye baits, but they catch too many fish to give them up. I strongly urge all of you to replace the trebles on them. Bass fishing was epic last week. Fished for two hours and landed 13 bass. Three 3lbers, and two 4.5lbers. All fish were slamming the lipless cranks literally tryin to eat them. This excellent fishin was pre-high pressure. I fished during the pressure and caught 5 bass, one of which was just shy of 5lbs. The next bass after the 5lber I had a 2lb bass completely break the treble off the o- ring. Pictures below.

[/URL]

·
Registered
620 Posts
was this a regular hook or a trokar hook model? I change hooks on some of them but imo it seems like the new trokar hook one sbend very easily. even compared to the old ones

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Easily on your way to a thousand fish.:thumbsup::bow: I have about 50 redeyes (pre trokar hooks) and never had a catastrophic failure with the hooks. I have broken single hooks off the treble but that's because I'm throwing the lure at objects in the water.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've never had a problem either but now I mainly use Excalibur One Knockers.....they are WAY more rattle and noise than SK and run straight.....however some SK colors are dynamite(bluegill) and I still have a few of those...Also check out the SPRO Aruku Shads......good job on the fish!!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe these are the vmc hooks if I am not mistaken. I have been switching to the owner trebles. I thought I could get away with not swapping them if I just use them for bass... I was clearly wrong. Joe, I am currently at 227 bass. I need to catch about 80 more this month, and then around 3 a day to hit 1000. I'm in a competition with my uncle, who lives in no. Shorter season up there, but he uses live bait so he catches a lot of small fish. I do not count live bait fish towards my numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts