BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all the plug builders i make bucktails and metal jigs ---started to play with some plug kits i picked up along the way
these are for my personal use only i NEVER intend to make for resale too much work LOL!!! you gotta love this or hate it i think no in between
me i'm leaning towards hate right now..
question i am using devcon 2 ton to seal the jigs...i sealed a few around beginning of september, now the epoxy is yellowing
i thought devcon wasn't supposed to yellow, am i wrong? did anyone else have a similar problem
HELP!!!!!!!!! :confused: :huh:

·
Registered
791 Posts
all epoxy yellow's. some more than other's. even the high dollar stuff yellow's just not as much.
the trick is to put on a very thin coat, you shouldn't really see the yellow with the color of the plug or whatever you put it on.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I saw your post. I dont think you can do much about yellowing as most catalysts are amber, and further amber in sunlight. Slimedof had a good suggestion, maybe a bit thinner. Flexcoat has a rod glue ,/red containers that has about a 10-15 min pot life and goes on pretty clear. 20-30 mins cure/ 3 hour to hardness. Its worth the try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.