BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions:

1. Any marinas in South Jersey sell ethanol free? When I was on the Chesapeake they had it there.

2. If I am mainly a bay fisherman and burn 10 gal or less per outing on a 30 gal tank will topping it off every time keep the gas fresh enough? (For a weekend warrior)

·
Registered
576 Posts
i have never had a problem with fuel and I always have at least 10 gals in my tank, sometimes for two months. But I do treat my fuel every time I fill it up. Good insurance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Two questions:

1. Any marinas in South Jersey sell ethanol free? When I was on the Chesapeake they had it there.

2. If I am mainly a bay fisherman and burn 10 gal or less per outing on a 30 gal tank will topping it off every time keep the gas fresh enough? (For a weekend warrior)
The closest ethanol free fuel I could find was in lehigh or Lancaster counties in pa.
I started the season last year with a cleaned tank. full 52 gallon tank of ethanol free fuel and treated my fuel all summer long. I started having trouble at the end of august. Took the boat in and they said the octane was too low and I had some phase separation. I had the tank pumped and carbs rebuilt then it ran great. Ethanol definitely sucks. I ran the boat at least every other weekend and fueled up the same.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
The closest ethanol free fuel I could find was in lehigh or Lancaster counties in pa.
I started the season last year with a cleaned tank. full 52 gallon tank of ethanol free fuel and treated my fuel all summer long. I started having trouble at the end of august. Took the boat in and they said the octane was too low and I had some phase separation. I had the tank pumped and carbs rebuilt then it ran great. Ethanol definitely sucks. I ran the boat at least every other weekend and fueled up the same.
Maybe the gas was bad when you bought it. You shouldn't be having any problems with it sitting for a few weeks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Why top off everytime if your only staying in the bay? Fuel that isnt in there cant' go bad. I only fuel up at the end of my trip what I am going to use in the next two weeks. Never in 3 years have I had a problem with bad fuel. Also dont be the first to pump gas in the morning. Water settles at the bottom of those storage tanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.